I haven’t been making any secret of how much fun I’m having in the Star Wars Galaxies Legends emulator (and thanks so much to the readers who urged me to try it!). What I haven’t tried just yet is TCGEmu, which is trying to revive the Star Wars Trading Card Game that existed only inside SWG itself. Late-game SWG players will recall that the TCG was ahead of its time on so many fronts: It was actually one of the first fully online card games out there, and yet because it was accessible only inside the MMO, it had no chance of reaching the heights of mainstream adoption that we’re used to seeing now with games like Hearthstone. It was gorgeous as heck, too, with stunning artwork that exists nowhere else. Of course, the TCG also has the dubious honor of being one of the first openly and egregiously lockbox-esque pay-to-win systems in a major MMORPG, as players spent gobs of money angling for loot cards, which they could then use (or sell) inside Star Wars Galaxies itself. While I personally bought and traded my (free monthly) loot cards and loved some of the clothing and homes added to the… Read full this story
- Who Lives In The Star Wars Galaxy?
- The Star Wars Legos Games - Things You Should Know Before Buying Lego Stars Wars II
- Create a Star Wars Birthday Party
- Make Your Own Star Wars Lightsaber - Start Feeling The Force Today!
- Review of "Star Wars"
- Tattoos Of Movies A Good Idea? Things Like Star Wars Or Lord Of The Rings Tattoos?
- Is the Myth of Star Wars Entering the Political Arena
- Star Wars Archetypes: The Clown
- These Star Wars Google Cardboard VR viewers are adorable, and free (for Verizon customers)
- Hero's Journey - Star Wars (1977) Deconstructed
Star Wars Galaxies fans are working on an emulator for the game’s TCG have 312 words, post on massivelyop.com at August 10, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.