Obituaries Wednesday, October 31, 2018, 12:05 a.m. Share this story Jeannie Akalia Bargas, 74, of Keaau died Oct. 25 at home. Born in Honolulu, she was a foster parent, musician and member of New Hope East Hawaii. Visitation 1-2 p.m. Sunday (Nov. 4) at Dodo Mortuary Chapel. Funeral service at 2 p.m. Casual attire; flowers and lei welcome. Burial at Alae Cemetery, new section. Survived by husband, Charles J. Bargas of Keaau; sons, John (Denise) Acasia of Kona and Todd (Jenelle) Ortiz of Pahoa; stepsons, Micah (Sundie) Bargas of Honolulu, Charles Bargas Jr. and Jeremy Bargas of Washington state; foster children, Isaiah, Ciana, Wyatt and Ochon; brother, Henry (Ceralyin) Acasia of Keaau; sisters, Rosaline Soto and Irvine Joseph of Pahoa; six grandchildren and five-great-grandchildren; nieces, nephews and cousins. Arrangements by Dodo Mortuary. Dana West Carvalho, 69, of Holualoa died Oct. 16 at home. Born in Corpus Christi, Texas, she was a preschool director and member of Kai E Hitu Canoe Club, Kai O Pua Canoe Club and Angel Fire New Mexico Hiking Club. Private services at a later date. Survived by sons, Matthew (Lauren Meyer) Carvalho of Los Angeles and Ryan (Heather) Carvalho of Kailua-Kona; two grandchildren. Arrangements by Dodo… Read full this story
- When Your Obituary Is Written by ICE: A List of ICE In-Custody Deaths in 2017
- In Memoriam: Remembering Those We Lost in 2017
- Donna Brazile Flatly Denies Giving Questions to Hillary Clinton
- Who Was the Sultan of Jazz?
- Listen: Rita Wilson Reads ‘Escaping From a Dire Diagnosis on Match.com’
- Episode 43: Follow your bliss
- Messier Monday: The Whirlpool Galaxy, M51
- Carol Folt goes out frustrated, angry and right
Obituaries for October 31 have 274 words, post on www.hawaiitribune-herald.com at October 31, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.