It’s always heartening to see MMO players band together for a good cause, as the Guild Wars 2 community did for the recent Extra Life charity event, during which ArenaNet raised over $65,000 US for children’s hospitals across the country. Of that $65,000, “more than $40,000 was donated by Twitch viewers who tuned in to both the official Guild Wars 2 channel as well as various community streams,” with ArenaNet providing a “$25,000 matching contribution.” Over the course of the event stream, ArenaNet “released never before seen Guild Wars 2 concept art, previewed two new PvP maps, and debuted an original jug band music video for the popular Guild Wars 2 anthem ‘Fear Not This Night,’” which you can enjoy below. The money, of course, will be going to a good cause, benefiting the Children’s Miracle Network “and other hospitals around the country, including Seattle Children’s Hospital, Riley Children’s Hospital in Indiana, and the Doernbecher Children’s Hospital in Oregon.” Source: Press Release
- Essex Community Players raise curtain on 60th season
- Local racquetball players raise $14,000 for the AACR
- OSU football: Which players took advantage of extra practice opportunities?
- Chick-fil-A honors World War II veteran with free food for life
- The A.D. Players' It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play an Instant Holiday Classic
- Rooster Teeth Raises $1.4 Million for Charity
- The year in movies: 2018 'Burning,' 'Cold War' top AP's best films of 2018
- Whether or not you send Christmas cards might depend on your age and stage in life
- Disneyland releases first official photo of the Millennium Falcon at Star Wars land
- ‘Cold War’: Love-among-the-ruins Oscar contender is one of the year’s best films (review)
Guild Wars 2 devs and players raised over $65,000 for charity for Extra Life have 281 words, post on massivelyop.com at November 6, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.