John Minchillo / AP Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, speaks after winning his reelection bid during the Ohio Democratic Party election night watch party, Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018, in Columbus, Ohio. Associated Press Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2018 | 6:22 p.m. WASHINGTON — This week’s midterm elections offered revealing lessons for both parties as battle lines begin to emerge for the 2020 presidential election. For Democrats, the potential path back to the White House opened somewhat with a string of statewide victories in Rust Belt states that long backed the party’s nominees but flipped to President Donald Trump in 2016. But Republicans found strength in critical states that often hold the keys to the presidency. Perhaps no state offered Democrats more hope than Wisconsin, which shocked the party in 2016 by narrowly falling into Trump’s column. Republican Gov. Scott Walker’s narrow loss in his bid for a third term left Democrats optimistic they could reclaim Wisconsin along with other traditionally blue states that Trump carried, such as Michigan and Pennsylvania. “To have Walker lose is a significant turning point that the right candidate in 2020 could win all of these states” across the industrial north, Democratic pollster Paul Maslin, who advised Democratic Sen…. Read full this story
- Investigation Reveals Just How Huge Trump's Global Business Conflicts Could Be
- Plaintiffs Allege That Trump University (Not a Real College) Was One Big Money Scam
- Broadcom-Qualcomm went from bad to worse to Trump: The whole sordid saga
- Trump's Age of Ignorance Threatens Humanity
- Your Guide to Trump's Very White, Very Rich, Very Frightening Cabinet
- Trump Is Also Wrong About The Airline Industry
- Sears And Kmart Are Ridding Themselves of Ivanka Trump Merchandise Too
- Meet the Convicted Cocaine Trafficker Donald Trump Called a 'Credit to the Community'
- Donald Trump’s Unofficial
- Melania Trump discusses cyberbullying with Facebook, Google
Midterms offer clues for Trump, Dems in ‘20 presidential bid have 286 words, post on lasvegassun.com at November 6, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.