SALT LAKE CITY — There’s nothing about the Gaines’ home that needs fixing.
“This is going to sound so dorky, but it’s like a big hug,” Joanna said, according to Kim. “I just love being home. I feel like everywhere I look there’s a story or there’s a memory.”
The couple, who formerly starred in the HGTV hit “Fixer Upper,” have taken a step back from the spotlight to focus on their family, but they still give time for the occasional interview.
In the article, Kim focuses on various rooms in the Gaines’ house and why they’ve decorated them in certain ways. According to Joanna Gaines, there’s a secret to making a house feel like a home.
The trick is to create spaces where everyone feels welcome and at home. “Little things that feel intentional” are important, she said, according to Kim.
For example, Chip and Joanna created “intentional” spaces, like the kids’ playroom, to be filled with memories by the family.
“I was trying to create these perfect spaces for my clients but then even perfect spaces for me and my home. And I realized really quick that you can’t live in that. That’s not real life,” she said.
Read more about the Gaines’ farmhouse and see pictures at Today.
- Chip and Joanna Gaines unveil new docuseries about touring husband-and-wife folk duo as they announce Magnolia network's first TV show
- The secret to her success! An inside look at Roxy Jacenko's extravagant Vaucluse mansion as she's announced as Di Stefano ambassador
- Joanna Gaines shares a sweet photo of her youngest son Crew, one, with the family's newest puppy
- Martha Stewart Doesn't Know Who Chip and Joanna Gaines Are
- Ready to Gaines another family member? Fixer Upper's Chip says he could see the couple having 'a little sibling' for their five kids - but Joanna does NOT seem keen for a sixth child
- Adopt a Pet: Lexi, Lola and Harley are looking for a new home… Can you help?
- Chip and Joanna Gaines' new show 'Fixer Upper: Behind the Design' goes behind the scenes
- 'Fixer Upper' stars Chip and Joanna Gaines announce they're expecting their fifth child
- Chip and Joanna Gaines’ first show on their new TV network will feature favorite band Johnnyswim
- Chip and Joanna Gaines talk difficult early days: 'Are we going to make it?'