Los Angeles resident and soon-to-be long term prisoner Tyler Barriss has entered into a plea deal in federal court in Kansas and is facing a sentence of at least twenty years. Barriss previously pled guilty to his role in orchestrating a swatting incident which resulted in the death of a Wichita man at the hands of local police officers. In addition to this charge, Barriss also pled guilty to a hoax bomb threat in the District of Columbia and 46 counts of making false bomb threats against high schools, universities, shopping malls, and TV stations in more than a dozen states. Nobody was injured in those other cases. In the Wichita case, authorities are still pressing charges against Casey Viner and Shane Gaskill, two co-defendants whose feud over Call of Duty led to Viner requesting the swatting hoax from Barriss with Gaskill providing the fake address. Sentencing is set for January 30. Barriss is 25, meaning he will be close to if not over 50 by the time his sentence has been fully served. (Source: Justice.gov) Advertisements
- MP HC Dismisses Appeal of Rape Convict Filed 20 years Back [Read Judgment]
- 'He praised God:' Tarrant County man's murder conviction overturned 20 years later
- Texas Man Gets 20 Years for Handicap Parking Space Killing
- Ex-inmate's suit claims 20 years of solitary confinement amounted to torture
- California man gets 20-year sentence for fatal ‘swatting’ call
- The Latest: Man sentenced to 20 years in fatal 'swatting'
- Lawyer gets 20 years in judicial bribery case, is ordered to pay $12M restitution
- Man Convicted of Attempting to Murder George Zimmerman Sentenced to 20 Years
- 20-Year-Old Woman Sent to Prison for 2014 USC Grad Student Killing
- After 15-Long-Years, Dera Chief Ram Rahim Gets 20 Years In Jail For Rape [Read Order]
Tyler Barriss Convicted, Could Be Sentenced to 20+ Years have 276 words, post on mmofallout.com at November 14, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.