Jars of kombucha are left to ferment on shelves on a metal rack. Homemade kombucha has become a popular alternative to the expensive store-bought kind. Pam Susemiehl/Getty Images You probably already know about probiotic-filled health foods like yogurt, tempeh and sauerkraut. The latest trend in the gut-friendly diet wave is kombucha, a sweetened beverage that is made from steeped tea and sugar, then mixed with yeast strains and bacteria and then fermented. People buy it in the supermarket or health food store or make their own. Kombucha (pronounced kom-BOOCH-a) is hardly a new thing, since the tea has been brewed in many parts of the world (starting with China) for centuries. But the beverage is knocking on the door of mainstream success as health foodies in North America tout its dizzying array of purported benefits for illnesses as diverse as high blood pressure, cancer and heart disease. There’s just one problem – for every die-hard kombucha drinker there seems to be another person or organization equally wary of the health claims. As is so often the way with science, there’s not a firm answer either way, yet. Let’s look at the evidence so far. How Kombucha Is Supposed to Help… Read full this story
- Health Benefits Of Applying Vibhuti
- Comfrey: Health Benefits, Side Effects, Prevention And Drug Interaction
- What does CBD really do? The trendy oil is sold for pain, nausea, sleeplessness and more - but it only has ONE proven use
- Health Benefits Of Drinking Olive Oil In The Morning
- Tom Brady does not 'really love' his new NFL-approved helmet after the league banned the one he's worn for most of his 19-year career as an arbitrator rejects Raiders star Antonio Brown's request to wear his old model
- Green coffee: Lose weight, detoxify & enjoy other health benefits
- Aromatherapy for depression: Does it really work?
- What Are The Benefits Of Mediterranean Diet?
- Does a vegan diet affect your ability to heal?
- 10 Scary Things Sugar Does To Your Body
Does Kombucha Really Have Health Benefits? have 325 words, post on health.howstuffworks.com at December 3, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.