Massively Overpowered’s end-of-the-year 2018 awards continue today with our award for the MMO with the Worst Business Model, which was awarded to Star Citizen last year, though this is more like a dishonor than an award, we think you’ll agree. As a counterpart to yesterday’s award for the best business model of the year, this one is intended to recognize an MMORPG of any age that has demonstrated a particularly awful or consumer-unfriendly business model specifically in 2018, regardless of its past performance. We expanded this award to include pre-launch MMOs, as long as those games are operating a launched business model as well. Don’t forget to cast your own vote in the just-for-fun reader poll at the very end! The Massively OP staff pick for the Worst MMO Business Model of 2018 is… Star Citizen Andrew Ross (@dengarsw): Star Citizen. Paying for stuff for an unreleased game for several years doesn’t seem wise at all, and every few months I feel like we get news that threatens some part of the original game pitch. It’s one thing to be a Kickstarter, but it’s another to constantly promise things for a game that’s still being developed! Brianna Royce (@nbrianna, blog): Ug, I hate to do… Read full this story
- World Bank Group’s Report Acknowledges Quika as Innovative Business Model for Expanding Broadband Access Across Africa
- From Trump to Travolta: Razzie nominees announced for the worst in film in 2018
- SAG Awards worst dressed: Emily Blunt and Kate Nash miss the mark on red carpet
- The best (and worst) diet plans for 2018
- Vakrangee investigation: MCA orders inspection of company's books, raises concern over business model
- Hyundai to launch 2018 Elite i20, unveil Ioniq EV at Auto Expo 2018
- Opportunities could be missed if no sandbox model is developed in Vietnam
- Battle of the bombshells! Cardi B, Kylie Jenner, Jennifer Lopez, and Nicki Minaj rock jaw-dropping frocks on the red carpet at MTV Video Music Awards
- Did England Avoid Humiliation by Failing to Reach the 2018 World Cup Final?
Massively OP’s 2018 Awards: Worst MMO Business Model of 2018 have 350 words, post on massivelyop.com at December 14, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.