We’re taking a time-machine back through our MMO coverage, month by month, to hit the highlights and frame our journey before we head into 2019! You might think that August, having birthed Battle for Azeroth, would have been the bombshell month for 2018, but you’d be wrong. It was in fact September, which saw the announcement that EVE Online and CCP Games had been bought out by Black Desert’s Pearl Abyss, the news that THQ Nordic had bought the rights to and abandoned MMO Project Copernicus, the revelation that WildStar and Carbine were being shut down, and the report that Daybreak had seen major investment from a benefactor aiming to use it to build mobile games and an e-sports empire. And that was all just on September 6th! The rest of the month was no slouch either; we learned that another Lord of the Rings MMO is in the works, Boundless launched, Belgium began its criminal investigation over lockboxes, and MassivelyOP itself got a major website overhaul. Incidentally, we think September 6th, 2018, is now the biggest single news day in MMORPG history to date, followed closely by March 11th, 2016, when Daybreak canceled EverQuest Next, WildStar was hit with mass layoffs,… Read full this story
- Trump slams ABC News over false graphic about Paul Manafort
- Report: Officials Hid Years of Sex Abuse at Exclusive Boarding School
- Most wanted brothers' lorries are caught on camera driving away from HGV checks near Grimsby docks days before 39 migrants were found dead as police seize the same distinctive green vehicle in Northern Ireland raid
- Mike Pompeo Speaks on ‘Fundamental Freedoms’ During International Day Against Homophobia
- Saudi Arabia in short-term oil fix, fears extra U.S. supply next year
- Rape Of 4YO: Special POCSO Court In Rajasthan Completes Trial In 5 Days
- Williams: For two decades, Virginia textbooks fed baby boomers a bogus history of slavery. Why that matters today.
- Boxing Day has nothing to do with knockouts or big box stores
- Breaking: SC Allows Open Hearing Of Rafale Review Petitions
- Law firm is dissolving after nearly 60 years; senior partner points finger at retirement plan
MMO Year in Review: Literally the biggest news day in MMO history (September 2018) have 353 words, post on massivelyop.com at December 29, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.