caption Sandy Parakilas was an operations manager at Facebook between 2011 and 2012. source Pablo Monero Apple has reportedly hired Sandy Parakilas, a former Facebook employee who has become a prominent critic of the social network. It coincides with Apple CEO Tim Cook being strongly critical of Facebook and other companies, which rely on collecting user data. According to the Financial Times, Parakilas will join Apple’s privacy team and work to ensure new products protect users’ security and privacy. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has already been angered by Cook’s criticism of his company. Apple has reportedly recruited a prominent Facebook critic to its security team, in an apparent bid to differentiate itself from other major tech firms on privacy. According to the Financial Times, Apple has hired Sandy Parakilas, the former Facebook employee who blew the whistle on its privacy practices during the Cambridge Analytica scandal in 2018. Parakilas was an operations manager for Facebook between 2011 and 2012. He spoke publicly last year about how covert data harvesting by third-party developers was routine, just as Facebook was under scrutiny for failing to police developer use of its platform. He also gave evidence to the UK and EU parliaments hearing… Read full this story
- Clyburn: 'John Lewis would be so disappointed' in Trump's repeated attacks on mail-in voting
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Trump goes birther again; no deal on COVID-19 package
- 'BJP controls Facebook' — Rahul Gandhi attacks Centre citing Wall Street Journal report
- Asda scam warning: Facebook-based phishing attack targets 'women born in October' with '£1,000 gift card offer' that tricks users into giving away their bank details
- Microfinance collections pick up in July, shows industry data
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Biden, Harris launch Trump offensive in first joint appearance
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - First lady casts Trump as fighter for the 'forgotten'
- Hackers posing as HR sending lay off emails to attack firms
- Apple reportedly made a secret iPod with a Geiger counter for the U.S. government
- Israel Reportedly Mediated Sale of NSO Spyware Able to ‘Vacuum Data’ to UAE, Gulf Nations
Apple has reportedly hired a fierce Facebook critic after repeatedly attacking the firm’s ‘industrial’ data hoarding have 359 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at January 9, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.