If you missed out on Ashes of Creation Apocalypse while it was live back in December, you’re getting another crack at it this weekend. Intrepid’s official site says this weekend’s test will run from today at noon EST until the wee hours of Monday morning.
“This weekend’s Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Open Beta test will be live from Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. PT/5:00 p.m. UTC until Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 10:00 p.m. PT/6:00 a.m. UTC. You can join the standalone unique last-man-standing action game by registering for the open beta and downloading the latest patch.”
Devs will be testing flow of logins and downloads, match connection, server performance, combat balance, and the mode itself. MMO players will recall that Apocalypse is the battle royale standalone mode for the full-fledged MMORPG Ashes, which was Kickstarted in 2016. The mode was originally designed as a fast way to test combat, but late last year Intrepid turned it into a standalone mode that could be freely tested by non-backers, presumably in an attempt to get more bodies in there testing.
The studio has a livestream planned this evening as well starting at 6 p.m. EST.
- 4 reasons why you should care about Tera coming to consoles (with an open beta March 9 - 11)
- Apple iOS 13 public beta is here: List of compatible iPhones, how to download, and more
- The Ashes: Joe Root unsure if Ben Stokes will play for England this summer
- MOBA / shooter Gigantic launches open beta on Xbox One and PC
- Ash dieback: government holds Cobra crisis meeting
- Colin Kaepernick might hold another workout and here's his plan to get NFL owners to attend
- Laguna Beach's Winter Fantasy Opens This Weekend
- WestConnex tunnels between Haberfield and Homebush to open this weekend
- Liverpool to hold open meetings on new Anfield Road stand proposals
- 4th Test: Pat Cummins Strikes To Leave Australia On Verge Of Keeping Ashes