A search warrant allowed the FBI set up a series of computers that appeared vulnerable to the Joanap botnet to identify users of infected computers, the release said. Using the information obtained from the warrant, the government is now notifying victims in the United States of the presence of Joanap on their computers, the release explained. READ MORE: US, North Korea to Hold Second Summit in Next 60 Days — Pompeo North Korea has been blamed for a number of major hacks in recent years, including the 2017 global WannaCry ransomware attack and the 2014 cyber assault on Sony. © AP Photo/ Wong Maye-E, FileNorth Korea Has 20 Undeclared Missile Operating Bases – ReportIn particular, the WannaCry ransomware attack has infected hundreds of thousands of computers in more than 150 countries. The cyberattack on Sony Pictures Entertainment saw the hackers download the company’s confidential information, including salaries, employee personal data and unreleased movies. Moreover, the South Korean intelligence agency said last year it obtained proof of Pyongyang’s alleged complicity in the theft of personal data of about 30,000 users of the Bithumb cryptocurrency exchange. Pyongyang is aslo believed to have hacked South Korea’s Defense Integrated Data Center and stolen South Korean-US military operations plans against the North as well as vast amounts of other classified data. The claims were denied by North Korea. READ MORE: US Offered North Korea to Conduct Summit in Vietnam in Mid-February —… Read full this story
- Millions of Chinese-made devices, including baby monitors, vulnerable to hacking: study
- Valve's local streaming Steam Link app hits Android & iOS
- US launches new sanctions against North Korea targeting dozens of shipping companies
- Have You Played... (with a) Steam Link?
- Best PC gaming deals of the week - 13th December 2019
- Amazon Prime Day 2019: Best PC gaming deals
- Jersey City Shooting: FBI Recovers White Van With Possible Connection To Shooting
- Bertens, Minella advance to quarterfinals at Korea Open
- Donald Trump calls former FBI leaders 'dirty cops' in wake of damning inspector general's report into eavesdropping warrant on his former campaign aide
- FBI doubles down on North Korea accusation for Sony Pictures hack
FBI Sting Hits N Korea Software That Secretly Links Vulnerable PCs for Hacking have 349 words, post on sputniknews.com at January 30, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.