season 8 is live today with a new
to buy and a very
. I’m trying to remember the first time I saw a ping system in an MMO.
Guild Wars 1
in 2005, maybe? Yeah, this should not have been this hard folks. Anyway, it’s pirates.
“Season 8 has arrived and a monstrous volcano has appeared! Freed from the Ice King’s castle, the now-powerful Prisoner has brought fire and flame to Fortnite and its islands. Pirates, Ninjas and a ship load of new fighters will tussle over treasure, battle with Pirate Cannons and uncover legendary loot. For those daring enough to explore, the new Lazy Lagoon and Sunny Steps locations are just a jump away with the help of Volcanic Vents. There are tons of new areas to explore and secrets to uncover. This season, X marks the spot!”
Don’t care about battle royale? The devs this week held an AMA for Save the World. There are over three thousand comments, which just goes to show you how big even the neglected part of the game is. The mode got a hero loadout overhaul today as well as eight new quests for heroes.
Just want to watch the world burn? SuperData’s Joost van Dreunen has an interview on USA Today discussing how the shift of focus from Fortnite to Apex Legends (Fortnite’s revenue dropped 10% last month) has a lot to do with the “short attention span of casual gamers.” Ouch! But he also points out that Fortnite’s revenue has always fluctuated because it’s tied to battle passes, so maybe don’t panic just yet.
- Historic Vietnam site in new battle: tourism
- New Japan PM: Saving economic crisis top mission
- Heineken to launch two new beers in key U.S. market
- UNESCO launches Anti-Piracy Observatory to celebrate World Book and Copyright Day
- MIC mulls new project to save digital resources
- Travel agents launch special New Year tours
- "Words on Wheels mobile digital library" programme opens a new window to the world for children in HCM
- Bhaya Cruises launches two new vessels in Halong Bay
- STF launches three new books
- Design contest launched for new skyscraper