We talk a lot about progression servers and vanilla servers, branches of MMOs that use different rulesets, either new or old – we even called that our favorite MMO trend of 2018. But we don’t often see brand-new regular-flavor servers open for existing MMOs. That realization popped into my head this weekend thanks to a thread on Reddit about games with newly launched new servers. We see merges all the time, but sometimes what a game really needs is a clean slate so folks can just have a full do-over, a rerolled community, a rerolled endgame meta, a rerolled economy, a rerolled housing situation. ArcheAge calls these types of servers fresh start servers, and that’s exactly what they are. Granted, some MMOs have but one server to begin with, or they still really need merges and won’t do them, but I say even they might get some attention (and dispose of some baggage) with a new shard. What MMO could really use a fresh start server? Every morning, the Massively Overpowered writers team up with mascot Mo to ask MMORPG players pointed questions about the massively multiplayer online roleplaying genre. Grab a mug of your preferred beverage and take a stab… Read full this story
- Davina McCall carries welcome mats and other household goods into her new £3.4 million Kent home as she makes a 'fresh start' after split from ex-husband Matthew Robertson
- Commerzbank CEO offers to resign to give bank a fresh start
- Coronavirus: A fresh start for Amsterdam tourism?
- Poisoned ex-Russian spy Sergei Skripal and daughter get fresh start in New Zealand
- South Dakota ban on phone use while driving starts July 1
- Disappointed Coulter-Nile Aims For a Fresh Start After Western Australia Snub
- Carmen Ejogo On ‘True Detective’, Mahershala Ali, & Whitney Houston
- Basil (Sabja, Tukmaria) Seeds: Nutrition, Health Benefits And How To Use
- Ashley Benson unveils new hair amid fresh romance with G-Eazy following her split from Cara Delevingne
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s Heartfelt Goodbye to Jon Stewart on ‘Daily Show’
The Daily Grind: What MMO could really use a true fresh start server? have 338 words, post on massivelyop.com at February 19, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.