Out of all of Lord of the Rings Online’s additional features that it has added post-launch, skirmishes have my vote as one of the best systems that added plenty of replay value and future potential. It’s also been a deeply neglected system that’s seen years of absent development and interest on behalf of the studio — but could skirmishes be set for a comeback? Originally released with 2009’s Siege of Mirkwood, the skirmish system was handed to players as a “dungeon-lite” experience, where small groups would dive into instances and wage pitched offensive and defensive battles. With win and fail conditions, a degree of randomness (with different special encounters activated for each run), level scaling tech, reward vendors, and the addition of customizable skirmish soldiers, this system had a lot to offer the game. Initially, it seemed as though then-Turbine was prepared to surf the skirmish wave for a long time. The studio released new skirmishes for a while there, bringing the roster up to 19 in total, and even tied several of them into the epic book series to give them more of a narrative push. And players were very busy running them, especially due to the limited landscape… Read full this story
- Mickey Rourke to return to boxing ring at 62 in Moscow bout
- Floyd Mayweather is being offered ‘crazy numbers’ as signs point to a return to the ring
- 2 Igorot boxers eye return to ring
- Toned, tattooed Mickey Rourke returns to ring at 62 and wins
- Boxing: Mayweather hints at chance of ring return
- Mayweather hints at chance of ring return
- UK’s Lords enjoy day in sun, but clouds loom
- Manny Pacquiao mulls return to ring April?
- Pacquiao has familiar place and opponent for return to ring
- Banal returns to ring in July
LOTRO Legendarium: The return of skirmishes in Lord of the Rings Online have 301 words, post on massivelyop.com at March 9, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.