thOverwatch character next week. The new healer has been playable on the PTR since February and will be making his way over to the live servers on March 19th. The announcement was made by Blizzard Entertainment in a Twitter post yesterday.
Baptiste is the 7th and latest support character to join the Overwatch roster. Armed with a dual use Biotic Launcher, Baptiste can deal damage to enemies or lob healing grenades at his allies as the need arises. He can also trigger a heal-over-time ability called Regenerative Burst and an Immortality Field to prevent his allies from dying. His ultimate, Amplification Matrix, doubles the effects of allied damage and healing projectiles.
Did you know that Baptiste speaks Haitian Creole as well as French? He’s also long-time friends with Sombra who’s constantly looking out for the medic even after he parted ways with Talon. Oh, and he’s favorite foods are Pork Griot and Lalo.
Want to know more about the ex-Talon medic? Check out the developer Q&A post on the official forums. You’ll also find a pair of Baptiste-related videos below.
- Is this the John Lewis Christmas advert for 2017? Twitter users spot teaser trailers ahead of release
- Is this the John Lewis Christmas advert for 2017? Twitter users spot teaser videos ahead of release
- Fans finally have an official release date for Red Dead Redemption 2
- World Cup 2018: England, Brazil and France kits amongst seven that are all leaked online ahead of release
- Theresa May forced to tear up dozens of her flagship election pledges ahead of next week’s Queen’s Speech
- Christie’s showcase bizarre range of women mannequin chairs and tables ahead of Frieze Week Auction
- Ryanair set to publish ‘contingency plans’ ahead of strike by Irish pilots days before Christmas
- A third of Scots prisoners tested positive for drugs ahead of release
- Third of prisoners test positive for drugs ahead of release
- Terrified US defence officials release survival video if the Pacific military base comes under attack from Kim Jong-un’s nukes