Press play to listen to this article By JACK BLANCHARD Send tips here | Subscribe for free | Listen to Playbook and view in your browser Good Thursday morning. Sorry Westminster, but this week is far from over. And Brexit Day is just 15 days away. FIRST READ THIS: Essential reading this morning from my colleague Tom McTague, as he charts how Britain lost the battle of Brexit. Via dozens of conversations over many months with leading officials, diplomats and politicians in Dublin, Paris, Berlin, Belfast, London and Brussels, Tom walks you through the nearly three years of negotiations which led us to this point. Spoiler: It does not make for happy reading for the U.K. Tom writes: “The story that emerges is of a process in which the EU moved inexorably forward,” he writes, “as Westminster collapsed into political infighting, indecision and instability. The only concession the EU would make over the course of the talks was at the request of one of its members, the Republic of Ireland — and to the disadvantage of the U.K.” Set some time aside, and read it all. DRIVING THE DAY OPEN UP, BEGIN AGAIN: Theresa May and her senior aides will… Read full this story
- Brexit LIVE: EU powergrab begins as French CEO pulls UK operation - gloats at 'new trend'
- Brexit latest: It's finally hit home! French fishermen panic as just 23 enter UK waters
- Brexit Poll Tracker, All The Predictions So Far
- Brexit: UK ‘was right’ to leave!’ Investors flock to Britain defying Project Fear
- Brexit: Done it again! Liz Truss celebrates as new £561m trade deal NOW 'into force'
- EU plot to grab City business begins as top banker SNUBS UK and visits Macron
- How Will Britain Defend Its Financial Fief After Brexit?
- Brexit LIVE: 'Block it if you want!' Truss fires deal challenge to Remainer MPs
- Brexit LIVE: Truss handed ultimatum on Australia trade deal – Minister threatens to resign
- EU power grab begins as THOUSANDS flee City – Boris must secure finance deal
POLITICO London Playbook: How Britain lost the Brexit battle — Open up, begin again — DUP sh*t creek have 325 words, post on www.politico.eu at March 28, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.