Home Health Wellness Wellness oi-Devika Bandyopadhya By Devika Bandyopadhya on March 7, 2019 Every system in the body changes inevitably as we age. These changes also include the components of the nervous system. Brain ageing can be considered to be unavoidable to some extent, but not uniform. Ageing affects every brain differently. Throughout one’s lifetime, the brain changes more than any other part of the body. From the time the brain begins its development (during the third week of gestation) to old age, the complex structures and functions of the brain keep changing. Read on to know how the brain changes over time and also the steps that can be taken to reduce the rate of this decline. The Human Brain The human brain (at about 1.3 kg in weight) possesses around 100 billion neurons that are interconnected via trillions of synapses . This in itself exemplifies the magnificent engineering that our brain has covered. During the first few years of one’s life (during the infant and toddler years), the brain forms about one million neural connections almost every second. The last areas of the brain to mature are the frontal lobes – the area that manages the executive functions… Read full this story
- Woman plays flute while undergoing open brain surgery
- Supplement may lower blood pressure, improve vascular health and could even slow aging, claims study
- Yanny vs Laurel explained – what’s the science behind the audio clip and what is the McGurk Effect?
- Brain tumour charities join forces to campaign for national spending increase
- Brain food: Beat cognitive decline with daily serving of green veg
- Four simple ways to keep the brain healthy
- Charity event to remember brass musician who died of brain tumour
- Memorial concert for Doncaster man who died after four year brain tumour fight
- Higher protein intake has no effect on lean mass in older men
- Toddler denied therapy on the NHS because her brain tumour is 2mm too large
The Effects Of Ageing On The Brain have 313 words, post on www.boldsky.com at March 6, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.