SNOW and gusts of 70mph are set to hit parts of the country tonight before subzero temperatures plunge the nation into a deep freeze this weekend. The Met Office has warned of a ‘lively’ night in Scotland tonight, according to the latest weather forecast. This chart shows a band of rain that is forecast to sweep across much of England this evening, with snow creeping up to Scotland behind it ahead of a wintry day on Saturday Despite warm air from the Atlantic bringing toasty temperatures as high as 18C in some areas yesterday, it’s a chilly outlook for the next few days. Rain, hail and sleet will fall in Scotland tonight, with 2cm snow forecast to settle on hills, and the wintry showers are set continue into tomorrow. Met Office meteorologist Aidan McGivern said: “Cloud breaks will be in short supply this evening, with a few areas of cloud and a dribble of rain fall – not very much at all. “But for Scotland it is expected to be a very lively night with 70mph winds gusts for the northern Isles where we have these frequent showers moving through. “The wind will ease as we go into Saturday, snow over… Read full this story
- UK weather forecast – Big chill to hit TONIGHT as Arctic blast brings gales and torrential rain
- UK weather forecast: Balmy 16C highs amid thundery rain and 50mph gale force winds
- UK weather forecast: Heavy rain as Met Office issues two day warning for downpours
- UK weather forecast: Britain set for weekend washout with heavy rain and fierce gales
- UK weather forecast: Ex-Storm Zeta to lash Britain with 75mph winds and subzero chill
- UK weather forecast: 65mph winds and heavy rain amid unseasonably hot 'Indian Summer'
- UK weather forecast: Britain braced for another wet day as Met Office issues yellow warning
- UK weather forecast: Brits freeze as temperature drops to 1C after chilling 70mph winds
- UK weather forecast – Odds slashed on White Christmas as Arctic blast could bring snow
- UK weather forecast: Two day warning with 8ins of rain before -7C temperature drop
UK weather forecast – snow and 70mph gales tonight before -2C DEEP FREEZE in North tomorrow have 339 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 22, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.