Camelot Unchained backers were given the opportunity to stress test the game’s servers with a siege scenario that involved 200 trebuchets, over 800 siege engines, and NPCs. As far as stress tests go, this one was the game’s biggest to date and was designed to push the servers and the players’ machines to their limits. City State Entertainment even dissuaded players with older rigs from joining the test and warned players to quit the game if their PCs or laptops started heating up too much. “Now, that doesn’t mean we don’t want you to come, but please keep in mind that this weekend’s test is a stress test. That means we’ll be putting pressure on the servers and on your machines. Now, we’ve had Backers come in with Nvidia 650M cards and be able to play, but if you have an old machine/graphic card/laptop, and your machine is heating up faster than summer in Florida, you should exit the game immediately. If you stay longer, don’t say we didn’t warn you.” Unfortunately, participants are still under a strict NDA so we won’t know if anyone’s machine actually melted. Aside from trying to melt player rigs, City State has also been… Read full this story
- Capital One, U.S. Bancorp, BB&T will sell shares to repay bailout funds after stress tests
- Your bank failed the stress test. Now what?
- Banks stress over 'stress tests:' Fed will issue tests to more banks
- Fed says govt. ready to save stress-tested banks
- What to expect when you go to the doctor for a stress test
- Bank stress tests: 10 of the 19 banks tested need more capital
- American Express Co., JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Bank of New York Mellon Corp pass stress tests
- Federal Reserve tells banks like Goldman Sachs, Citigroup to keep quiet about stress test results
- Analyst: JPMorgan Chase only bank stress-tested by Treasury that won't need more capital
- Jitters over stress tests: Bank of America, Citigroup doubt government findings
Camelot Unchained Backers Participated In A PC-Melting Stress Test Over The Weekend have 345 words, post on mmos.com at April 23, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.