It looks like Nexon might be the next addition to Disney’s ever-expanding roster of companies, according to a recent report. According to The Korea Herald, South Korean newspaper JoongAng Ilbo has “quoted the international banking industry as saying that [Nexon Co.] Chairman Kim Jung-ju personally approached a high-ranking Disney representative to discuss acquisition matters.” The news comes following Kim’s announcement in January that he intends to sell off his shares in Nexon Japan’s holding company NXC, in which he currently holds a 98.64% majority stake. Last month, reports indicated that the prospective buyers had been whittled down to a shortlist composed of Kakao, MBK Partners and Netmarble, Tencent, Bain Capital, and an unnamed firm, but apparently that’s not quite the plan now. Apparently, however, Kim thinks that Disney would serve well as custodian of the company that he helped found in 1994: “What I envy the most about Disney is that they do not force money out of kids,” Kim said in 2015, adding that “Nexon has a long way to go. Some people hate Nexon to death.” The Korea Herald reached out to both Disney and Nexon for comment, but neither has provided a statement as of yet.
- Disney reports record results as it flags up new Star Wars
- ANZ acquires 10% stake in HCM City's Sacombank
- Anco acquires strategic stake in Vissan
- KKR acquires 10% stake in Masan Consumer
- French bank acquires strategic stake in Oriental Commercial
- Sun Life Financial acquires remaining stake in PVI Sun Life
- Koizumi acquires 23% stake at QH Plus
- Taisho spends $110 million on controlling stake in DHG
- Standard Chartered acquires $35mn stake in Vietnam restaurant chain operator
- RoK financial group to acquire BIDV stake
Disney reportedly in talks to acquire a controlling stake in Nexon have 282 words, post on massivelyop.com at April 19, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.