Warning: Spoilers ahead. The highly anticipated third episode of this season’s “Game of Thrones” was an action-packed roller coaster ride that left fans dizzying over the heroics of Arya Stark, the show’s most fearsome protagonist, and a handful of characters who died trying to save mankind. After last week’s emotional scenes, much of the hype heading into Sunday’s episode, entitled “The Longest Night,” centered on which of the beloved characters would die in the episode. With the Night King and Army of the Dead closing in, chances for everyone to survive appeared dim at best, even with two dragons in the wings.The 82-minute episode, the show’s longest ever, did not disappoint. Entertainment Weekly reports it was the longest consecutive battle sequence ever committed to film, surpassing the iconic war scene in “The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.” These major characters met their demise in the epic episode:The Night KingJorah MormontDolorous EddLyanna MormontBeric DondarrionTheon GreyjoyBefore charging at White Walkers and wights, Melisandre reappeared in timely fashion and lit up the Dothraki’s weapons, giving everyone a ray of hope (and a spectacular sight) in the middle of the night. That was short-lived, as the violent warriors were easily killed off by the… Read full this story
- The Game of Thrones recap you NEED before season 8
- Game of Thrones Recap: Who is Still Alive in Westeros as Season 8 is Coming
- Ultimate Game of Thrones recap season 1-7 ahead of new season
- 83 things you need to remember before Game of Thrones starts
- Game of Thrones season 8 is about to be unleashed — so who’ll end up on the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms?
- Game of Thrones fans can fly through Daenerys’ epic journey with our amazing virtual reality map
- 'Game of Thrones': Who will die in the Battle of Winterfell?
- Game of Thrones season 8 episode 3 recap
- Game of Thrones, season 8, episode 3, The Long Night review: Was the battle as epic as hoped
- Game of Thrones, season 8, episode 3, The Long Night recap: Was the battle as epic as hoped
"Game of Thrones" recap: This is everyone who died in the battle of Winterfell have 352 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.