On today’s episode of Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes, a Heroes of the Storm player has been arrested and charged with making terrorist threats in the in-game chat of Blizzard’s somewhat-ailing MOBA. The culprit, 26-year-old Michael Mickowski of Las Vegas, Nevada, was arrested earlier this month after making a series of threatening remarks in HotS’s chat, which were reported by players and subsequently relayed by Blizzard to the Las Vegas police, who were able to track down Mickowski using the IP address from which he had been playing the game. According to the arrest report, the messages that led Blizzard to report Mickowski included, “Someday, when I have enough money to buy a gun and some ammunition I will shoot up a school where I live,” and “Imagine if I decided to go to an elementary school too. Instead of a high school or middle school imagine. I’ll buy a gun and shoot everyone I can. I’ll stream it on twitch.” Although Deputy Public Defender Belinda Harris argued on Mickowski’s behalf that his remarks were “kind of the nature of the video game,” Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Melanie Tobiasson quite rightly noted that “If you’re in a… Read full this story
- Spain on high alert after terror threat rises
- Lyra McKee murder: Man arrested under Terrorism Act released
- Man arrested under Terrorism Act after west Belfast search
- Trains delayed after man accused of making bomb threat in Neath
- New warning for tourists as Spain increases terror threat
- Tourists warned after Spain terror threat raised to 'severe'
- Full Government advice as Spain terror threat level is raised
- Iran makes new threat to pact
- Terror threat remains ‘substantial’, say authorities
- Pair arrested in terror probe as homes raided
Heroes of the Storm player arrested for making terrorism threats in chat have 299 words, post on massivelyop.com at April 19, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.