Press play to listen to this article By JACK BLANCHARD PRESENTED BY BARCLAYS BANK Send tips here | Subscribe for free | Listen to Playbook and view in your browser Good Tuesday morning. DRIVING THE DAY OUT OF THE ASHES: Positive news from Paris this morning, where firefighters say they now have the devastating blaze at Notre Dame cathedral fully under control. As you already know from the heartbreaking videos filling social media and TV news last night, the vast wooden roof of the historic building has been completely destroyed by fire and its 300-foot Gothic spire razed to the ground. But after a long battle lasting well into the night — in which one firefighter was seriously injured — fire crews say the blaze is in hand and the main structure of the cathedral has been saved. “The fire is completely under control,” a spokesman said. “It is partially extinguished — there are residual fires to put out.” Paris fire chief Jean-Claude Gallet added: “We consider the main structure of Notre Dame has been saved and preserved.” The cause of the fire is still unknown. First look: Reuters’ Philippe Wojazer took the first, extraordinary pictures from inside the cathedral late… Read full this story
- Juncker urges MPs not to plunge Britain into the Brexit abyss
- Easter holidays get off to a warm start as temperatures reach 65F
- Easter holiday traffic warning - best time to travel as 14million hit roads after schools break up today
- When are the Easter holidays and school term dates this year?
- You can currently get Easter holidays to Disneyland Paris from £229pp
- This Morning's Holly Willoughby causes controversy as she announces Easter holiday
- MPs' Easter break to be cancelled, Andrea Leadsom confirms
- Easter Holiday CHAOS: ALL Spanish airports face indefinite strike from April 20
- Free activities for East Ayrshire kids over the Easter holidays
- Indian jewellery tycoon, 48, arrested in London over £1.5bn bank fraud
POLITICO London Playbook, presented by Barclays Bank: Out of the ashes — Tusk and Juncker take the stage — MPs’ Easter holiday pics have 319 words, post on www.politico.eu at April 15, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.