Press play to listen to this article By ANNABELLE DICKSON Send tips here | Subscribe for free | Listen to Playbook and view in your browser WELCOME TO BREXIT CHAOS: Ruth Jones joins the House of Commons after winning the Newport West by-election following the death of Paul Flynn in February. She held the seat for Labour with a reduced majority of 1,951, on a turnout of 37.1 percent, down from 67.5 percent in the 2017 general election. Good Friday morning … This is Annabelle Dickson. Brexit Day is (currently) one week away. DRIVING THE DAY COUNTDOWN TO THE SUMMIT: Conservative and Labour Party negotiators will continue technical talks this morning as they seek to find a cross-party Brexit compromise. With the clock ticking towards next week’s emergency Brexit summit, all eyes are on what Theresa May will request from EU leaders in a pre-summit letter to European Council President Donald Tusk. Cabinet ministers expect the letter to be written within the next 36 hours to allow European capitals to digest its contents, and to avoid a last-minute scramble. Go long: If cross-party talks fail, Attorney General Geoffrey Cox warned an Article 50 extension was likely to be “longer than just a few weeks or months.” May… Read full this story
- Ed Balls: Labour did not deserve to win election
- Keir Starmer wins Labour leadership election with landslide result
- Tucker Carlson: ‘Democrats Encourage Voter Fraud Because It Helps Them Win Elections’
- Thousands of soldiers may lose jobs whoever wins election, thinktank warns
- Trump’s pick to head the World Bank wins election
- Election 2015: Plaid Cymru 'needs to convince voters'
- Labour leadership and deputy election results in full: Votes for each candidate
- Trump-Biden election off-limits for US bettors (so far)
- Montana counties to conduct primary election by mail
- Labour Party Staff Withheld Information on Antisemitism to Undermine Corbyn Leadership - Reports
POLITICO London Playbook: What to tell Tusk? — Labour wins by-election — Last night in the Lords have 307 words, post on www.politico.eu at April 5, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.