A SCANDINAVIAN ice blast is set to freeze Britain with -5C temperatures, frost and freezing rain ahead of a feared Easter washout next weekend. The mercury sunk to a biting -6C in Cumbria yesterday, as Brits woke to a widespread frost this morning amid the ongoing polar plunge. Today will be mainly dry and cloudy with some welcome spells of sunshine – but the mercury will struggle to soar into double figures, with highs of 11C expected at lunchtime today. The Met Office reports some isolated brief showers mainly in eastern areas and the far west in Cornwall and Northern Ireland. In its latest forecast, the forecasters: “Most areas dry with sunny spells, although chilly. “Isolated showers possible in eastern areas, mainly near the coast. “Cloudier and windy in the west with outbreaks of rain at times in Cornwall and perhaps western parts of Northern Ireland.” Be in control of your bills – and save an average of £219SWITCHCRAFT is a free service that finds you the right energy deal – and you could save an average of £219 a year. Sign up, compare and switch with Switchcraft You’ll automatically be switched at the end of your new plan when… Read full this story
- UK weather forecast: Brits to be plunged into -5C cold snap before heatwave returns
- UK weather forecast: Met Office predicts autumn chill for Halloween
- UK weather forecast: Temperature to hit 21C by Thursday thanks to French heat flare
- UK weather forecast: Scorching 25C highs as today set to be one of hottest days of 2020
- UK weather forecast: Britain set to be hotter than Lanzarote in mini-heatwave
- UK weather forecast: Brits brace for washout with heavy downpours and thunderstorms
- UK weather forecast: April 'is hottest in 6 years' as Brits urged to still stay indoors
- UK weather forecast: Lockdown Britain to hit 24C this week before heat cools off
- UK weather forecast: Frosty start before temperatures soar despite 'gale force winds'
- UK weather forecast: Met Office says heat-wave will return in 28C swing over 48 hours
UK weather forecast – Scandinavian ice blast to freeze Britain with -5C temperatures, frost and freezing rain have 329 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 14, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.