In case you are not actively following the Rift forums, you may have missed their announcement back in December that server merges were upcoming. They also reassured us that: “The only impact to players will be collisions with player/guild names”. At that point, we didn’t hear much else until May 10 when they told us that EU server merges would be first and happening on June 5. That’s pretty close. Unfortunately, the announcement only said that and listed the servers that would stay, but nothing else. Of course, a lot of questions came up. A week later, we finally received a FAQ. Most of the community’s questions were answered. Oddly enough, the collision of player and guild names is touched upon again in the FAQ, but there is apparently no decision yet how they will handle it. It seems likely that the characters merged from Zaviel and Gelidra to Typhiria will lose their names in case of a collision. So it is not really a merge, but a transfer to that server in my opinion. Other than that, a few follow-up questions arose from the community, but one point in particular isn’t sitting too well with the players: Question 3:… Read full this story
- Facebook to backup its servers with low-power storage devices at 'Sub-Zero' data center
- Newcomers on UPCoM at record high
- HDBank to merge with local lender
- Unlisted state-run firms asked to list on UPCoM 3 months before IPO
- Sepak takraw team seek elusive win at upcoming ASIAD
- Sugar firms anticipated more buoyant upcoming fiscal year
- SMB moves to list on HOSE
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 18/11
- Cloud computing trends to witness in the future
- Is combining lunar, solar new year festivities a way to reduce waste?
Upcoming Rift server merges have 293 words, post on nerdybookahs.wordpress.com at May 19, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.