Barcelona captain Lionel Messi has asked team president Josep Maria Bartomeu to bring Neymar back to the club two years after his much-discussed about departure in 2017, Spanish daily El Mundo has reported. Sources close to the top management of Barcelona told the newspaper that Messi and Bartomeu have been talking about bringing Neymar, currently caught up in a rape case, back to the club, with a plot to re-sign him apparently being hatched ever since he left Barcelona for Paris Saint-Germain. According to El Mundo’s sources, Barcelona is may try to get Neymar back in exchange for $135 million, plus Antoine Griezmann, an Atletico Madrid forward who reportedly reached a pre-contract transfer agreement with Barcelona earlier this year. Neymar’s personal life came to the forefront of public attention earlier this month after 26-year-old Brazilian model Najila Trindade accused him of raping her in a swanky Paris hotel room in mid-May. Neymar has denied any wrong-doing in the case, with Trindade’s third lawyer in row dropping the case without explanation. Last week, Sao Paulo police filed a slander complaint against the model after she accused police of being “bought” off in Neymar’s favour after authorities began questioning her ex-husband about… Read full this story
- Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez fire Barcelona to Club World Cup title
- Messi stars in Barcelona’s win
- Lionel Messi sent off in Barcelona's Super Cup final defeat to Athletic Bilbao
- Lionel Messi takes fresh aim at Barcelona for 'throwing out' Luis Suárez
- Ex-Barcelona coach says Lionel Messi did not say goodbye to him when he was sacked and ‘showed he wasn’t happy’ at club
- Lionel Messi's former agent says he was "tempted" by Arsenal transfer
- Ronaldo scores twice as Juve crush Messi's troubled Barcelona
- Messi 'Happy' With Barcelona and Will Make Every Effort to Stay, Club's Presidential Hopeful Says
- Rumour Has It: Messi wanted by PSG but will Madrid target Mbappe depart?
- Football fans question Mbappe's inclusion in FIFA 21's Team of the Year ahead of Messi and Neymar
Lionel Messi Wants Neymar Back With Barcelona Despite Rape Allegations have 331 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 19, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.