In a tweet issued early Wednesday, Trump stated that the meeting between Pompeo, Trump’s nominee for secretary of state, and Kim over the last weekend of March “went very smoothly” and that details of the anticipated US-North Korea summit “are being worked out.” Though Trump says discussions going well, Christine Hong, associate professor of critical race and ethnic studies at UC Santa Cruz, told Radio Sputnik’s Loud & Clear that it’s “been a wild ride with the Trump administration.” © AP Photo / Evan Vucci, Wong Maye-E, File’Very High Level’ Talks: CIA Director Mike Pompeo Reportedly Met North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un This Month Regarding Pompeo’s trip to Pyongyang, Hong said Trump “not only sent Pompeo as an envoy to sort of lay the groundwork for the possibility of a summit to come, but also stated in a kind of strange way that he gives his blessing to the possibility of North and South Korea discussing peace.” “Of course that doesn’t make sense, because if you look at the 1953 Korean War Armistice, it’s not North and South Korea that can conclude peace on their own with the United States from afar giving it’s blessing,” she added. “The United States actually has to be at the table and be willing to renegotiate its military presence south of the DMZ [demilitarized zone] for peace to be concluded.” Fellow guest Simone Chun, a… Read full this story
- North Korea agrees to new US talks, fires suspected missiles
- Trio of European nations condemns North Korea's missile launches
- North Korea fires ballistic missiles into sea
- North Korea: Kim Jong Un orders destruction of joint tourist site
- North Korea Seeks More Concession Options Through Missile Production - Analysts
- North Korea denuclearization: Can Pyongyang be trusted?
- Easing Sanctions Could Encourage North Korea to Denuclearize Further - Experts
- Why Trump shouldn't run the North Korea playbook on Iran
- North Korea stages nuclear test in defiance of bans
- North Korea launches two suspected missiles after warnings to Washington
North Korea ‘Changed the Game': ‘New Paradigm' Opened for US, Korean Peninsula have 327 words, post on sputniknews.com at April 18, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.