The big UI overhaul is coming to Steam in the next few weeks, but if you are just too excited and don’t want to wait, you are in luck. As it turns out, the new interface is already publicly available thanks to some assets dropped in the Chinese Counter Strike: Global Offensive launcher.
You can get your hands on an early version of the launcher by following the steps below. Keep in mind that the interface is going to look a bit ugly right now as many developers have not yet uploaded assets to fit in with the new box design on the library page. On the other hand, it appears that the new interface has dumped the random Rock Paper Shotgun articles that you all loved seeing spammed in your game news feeds.
- Download https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/client/csgo_steamui_websrc_all.zip.8af5e297faf24667a734d24612abc35f7f54576c
- Rename file to .zip and extracct.
- Paste the steamui folder into the main Steam directory.
- Edit the desktop shortcut and add “-newlib” after the shortcut location, outside of the quotations.
- Launch Steam with this shortcut.
MMO Fallout can confirm that this works, the images included in this article were from my own test.
- Rapinoe scores early, US beats New Zealand 4-1
- PSA could help Fiat Chrysler modernize its vehicle platforms
- WhatIfSports User Interview: Yaz_Benders
- WhatIfSports User Interview: mcbethbr
- Access Hollywood
- Pottermore offers exciting new way to give J.K. Rowling your money
- Cavs’ early bumps likely feel worse than they are
- Which Sprint Cup teams have best handle on new rules package?
- New Mexico State faces huge challenge from Ole Miss
- Neal, Williams lead New Mexico over Oral Roberts 91-75