Earlier on Friday, South Korean newspaper Chosun Ilbo reported that Kim Yong Chol, Kim Jong Un's right-hand man and the counterpart to US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo before the failed Hanoi summit, had been sent to a labour and re-education camp in Jagang Province near the Chinese border, citing an unidentified North Korean source. The source also claimed that North Korea executed its nuclear envoy to the United States, Kim Hyok Chol, as part of a purge of officials who steered negotiations for the collapsed summit in February. © Sputnik / Iliya Pitalev UN Opens up on Reports About Executions in North Korea However, the official appeared alive during an amateur art performance by the wives of officers in the North Korean Army attended by Kim Jong Un and his wife, Ri Sol Ju, on Sunday. He was among 12 mentioned "leading officials" who accompanied the leader and his wife, according to KCNA on Monday. After Chosun Ilbo reported that Kim Yong Chol was punished with hard labor following the Hanoi summit, here he is attending a performance by “KPA Officers’ Wives” with Kim Jong Un in this KCNA photo pic.twitter.com/Un2v3m12OL — Jihye Lee 이지혜 (@TheJihyeLee) June 2, 2019 As Kim Jong Un's point man for nuclear talks with the United States, Kim Yong Chol was apparently censured for the summit's collapse by being removed from a key party post, a… Read full this story
- What Kind of Bombs Does North Korea Have? A Guide to Kim Jong Un's Nuclear Weapons
- North Korea Says Nuclear Weapons Only Option Against 'Repressive U.S. Imperialists'
- Why North Korea's Nukes Test Poses a Major Problem for the West
- North Korea: Kim Jong-un Admits ‘Almost All Sectors Fell Short’ of Five-Year Goals
- Kim Jong-un: North Korea Seeks ‘Expanding and Developing’ Foreign Relations
- Who is North Korea Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho, Speaking on Kim Jong Un's Behalf at the U.N.?
- Kim Jong Un vows to expand his nuclear arsenal by building nuclear submarines, underwater missiles and warheads that can hit American cities
- North Korea leader Kim Jong Un issues warning to US, makes chilling claims about nuclear weapons
- North Korea threatens to build more nukes, terms U.S. ‘main enemy’
- North Korea: Kim Jong Un announces military expansion
‘Repressed’ North Korea Ex-Nuclear Envoy Seen with Kim Jong Un have 376 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 3, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.