A Tale in the Desert has announced the end of Tale 8 and the beginning of Tale 9, both set to commence on August 30, 2019. Unlike other MMOs, A Tale in the Desert resets its players every tale, in this case after 18 months. Players begin a new world with new characters and changes requested by the players or added in by the developer Desert Nomad Studios.
“It’s been a fantastic 18 months and the great news is that Tale 9 will soon be upon us. For the first time, the end of a Tale and the start of the next will be on the same day! Tale 8 Amnesty will take place on the 24th and 25th of August, with an AMA with the developers across both days in game and on discord. We can’t wait to share with you some great secrets from the Tale that have been missed! See you then”
A Tale in the Desert launched in 2003 and has retained a small but sustainable number of subscribers. Set in ancient Egypt, ATITD features no combat but sets players up with various tests that they must overcome in order to progress. Tests involve various activities such as breeding scarabs, creating art for others to vote on, building puzzles, and convincing other players to elect you.
Source: A Tale in the Desert
- Black Desert Online Review: a True “Next-Gen” MMORPG that Makes You Feel Small
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Launches With An Epic Trailer
- Tales of Symphonia gets autumn PAL release
- Tales Of Symphonia Comes To Steam Next Year
- You're the cutest damn mouse ever in stealth RPG Ghost of a Tale
- Bedlam, the FPS based on a novel, dated for August
- Steam Halloween Sale 2019: Last Day To Grab These Deals
- PS4's Free PS Plus Games For November 2019 Announced
- BioWare’s Anthem delayed to 2019, EA confirms
- Halloween Event Guide 2019: Encinitas, S.D.