It was a giant leap for mankind when Neil Armstrong took his first steps onto the surface of the moon in 1969. It seems only appropriate that Astroneer, a game in no small part invigorated by the memory of that race to the stars, is honoring the mission with the addition of the landing module on the moon Desolo. Players who take a trip to the module can unlock a special visor, palette, and over an hour of recorded audio from the Apollo 11 mission that landed on the moon in the real world.
The landing module will also take photos of players in the style of the camera mounted on the lunar lander as an extra nod to the history of space travel. There’s more in the update, of course, including new forms of storage platform, but the centerpiece is a chance to look back on these steps into the great unknown… something that is understandably near and dear to the hearts of the developers and, presumably, the players.
Source: System Era Softworks press release
- New iPhone update means you can turn yourself into a giant emoji
- Major new Whatsapp update
- Former Sky Sports presenter Natalie Sawyer lands new job
- Promotion-winning Derby coach lands new role at Championship club
- macOS Mojave: 5 features you're going to love in new Apple update
- Plymouth MP Johnny Mercer lands new job earning £85,000 a year
- Paul Hollywood lands new travel cookery series with pun-tastic title
- Watch as Newcastle United's Florian Lejeune offers new injury update
- Yorkshire Ripper’s teen pen pal ‘lands new job working with dead bodies at mortuary’
- Tottenham issue new stadium update