It’s that time of year again when we bloggers and writers pack up and head out to our version of summer camp, which we call Blaugust. Yesterday, Belghast announced the official start of this year’s month-long event, and I’ll let him introduce why this is both a fun and helpful way to get into or return to blogging:
We live in a time when blogs are going dark and the hope is to keep infusing the community with a fresh lease on life. Those of us who have been doing it for over a decade now can easily lose hope. It sometimes takes a fresh batch of whippersnappers to keep us engaged and interested in making sure that the community thrives. Blaugust lives on as the inheritance of so many other great initiatives that have come before like the Developer Appreciation Week or the Newbie Blogger Initiative. If you have a blog that is waning in frequency, or if you ever thought of creating one… this month is the perfect time to put those plans into action.
So head on over to his post to read the full details and start gearing up for what will no doubt be a terrific month of both writing AND reading!
- Prospects share draft week thoughts
- Tillman’s memory sparks action, not words
- U-M Insider: Word police chasing Rich Rod now
- Moyes wants more from Fellaini
- 5 thoughts on Week 2 of college football
- Maradona’s a man of few tactical words
- Morosi: Thoughtful, honest C-Mo perfect for new job
- 5 thoughts on the college football season
- T.O. not lost for words with Bills coming to town
- The highest standard for Woods are his words