Eric Tucker, Mary Clare Jalonick and Michael Balsamo Associated Press Published 1:22 PM EDT Jul 24, 2019 Washington – The House intelligence committee chairman says the report by the office of former special counsel Robert Mueller is “methodical and devastating.” Adam Schiff’s prepared remarks come at the start of a second congressional hearing Wednesday where Mueller is testifying about his investigation into Russian election interference and obstruction of justice by President Donald Trump. Mueller spent more than three hours testifying before the House Judiciary Committee earlier Wednesday. Schiff, a Democrat from California, says the report also tells the story of “disloyalty to country, about greed and about lies.” Schiff says what is at stake is “our next election, and the one after that, for generations to come.” Mueller testified Wednesday in Congress that he doesn’t think the lawmakers have reviewed “a report that is a thorough, as fair, as consistent as the report that we have in front of us.” The former special counsel made his first major public appearance on the findings of his office’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election and President Donald Trump’s response to the investigation. He was resuming testimony Wednesday afternoon before the House… Read full this story
- Impeachment inquiry doesn't entitle House committee to grand jury evidence in Mueller report, DOJ says
- Trump Sacking US Attorney General Sessions Sparks Panic Over Mueller’s Fate
- Dems Say Trump's Sessions Firing Threatens Mueller's Russiagate Probe
- After losing the House, Trump will have more to worry about than CNN reporters
- Similar to his erratic behavior during the Mueller probe, Trump is calling the Majority Leader up to three times a day and making political threats, a source says
- Dems Will Dig Down to Find Anything They Can to Impeach Trump
- Dems in US Congress Demand Trump Administration Preserve Russiagate Probe
- The Silent Majority? Steve Bannon Says Polls Irrelevant, GOP Will Hold Senate
- Is it finally crystal clear that the GOP is an authoritarian regime in waiting?
- Spinning Trump turns to McConnell seeking to lock down GOP loyalty
Dems call Mueller report 'devastating'; GOP disagrees have 334 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at July 24, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.