The Duchess of Sussex asked to guest edit Vogue rather than be the cover star, a letter she wrote to readers reveals. Meghan chose to promote 15 ‘trailblazing’ women who have campaigned for body positivity, transgender rights and climate change when she took control of the British September edition of the fashion magazine. But she has come under fire from some royal watchers for the edition being too political for a member of the Royal Family, who are supposed to stay politically neutral. A letter she has written to readers in the magazine now reveals she asked to become guest editor of the edition rather than appear on the front cover. Meghan, who at the time was five months’ pregnant with son Archie, said: ‘So I asked the question. Actually, I typed and deleted the question several times until I built up the courage to ask the question in question: “Instead of doing the cover, would you be open to me guest editing your September issue?”‘ The editor in chief, Edward Enninful, replied that he would ‘love’ for Meghan to be his guest editor, she said. Meghan wrote about her edition: ‘The overall sentiment I hope you’ll find, however, will… Read full this story
- PIERS MORGAN: Me-Me-Meghan Markle's shamelessly hypocritical super-woke Vogue stunt proves she cares more about promoting herself than the Royal Family or Britain
- Meghan Markle donned $120 jumpsuit from a favourite ethical brand in behind-the-scenes British Vogue video - as Edward Enninful hails Duchess as being 'very much her own person'
- Revealed: Meghan Markle wore $2,500 Gucci tweed dress for Vogue portrait taken at Smart Works charity that donates clothes to disadvantaged women
- Prince Harry reveals he and Meghan Markle will only have TWO children to help save the planet (unlike William and Kate with three) - and says how 'unconscious bias' is causing racism in Britain in wife's Vogue
- British Vogue editor Edward Enninful hails Meghan Markle as a 'bi-racial powerhouse', and praises the 'hands-on' royal guest editor for working throughout her pregnancy and after giving birth
- Meghan Markle just handed Vogue millions in free publicity - so why is NOTHING going to good causes?
- EXCLUSIVE - Revealed: Organic baby shawl Meghan Markle used to swaddle baby Archie at the polo is made in Indian factory where some dirt poor workers earn just 37p an hour
- Revealed: Meghan Markle told photographer 'I want to see freckles' and gave 'clear instructions' for her 15 Vogue cover stars to look natural
- Meghan Markle's Birthday Carrot Cake Is Total Perfection
Meghan Markle reveals SHE asked to guest edit Vogue after 'summoning up the courage' and hopes she's created a magazine of 'positivity, kindness, humour and inclusivity' have 411 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 29, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.