These trucks used to deliver the mail in Japan. The &Post project is Japan Post’s effort to celebrate handwritten letters in an era where many people communicate via text messages, and part of the initiative involves converting an old Toyota Hilux pickup truck into a mobile post office . The creators give it the clever name Post Car. Gallery: Toyota Hilux Post Car Mobile Post Office 2 Photos The truck’s cargo bed features a retro-looking design with a wood topper that looks like an old building. It even has the appropriate decoration like a lamp to set the scene. The Post Car pickup will also sell postcards and stationery, according to Japanese Nostalgic Car . Visitors will even be able to take an image off their phone and turn it into a postcard. Japan Post previously used the Hilux for hauling the mail, so the truck was a natural choice for this project. The postal service used them as far back as the first generation of the pickup, according to Japanese Nostalgic Car . See What You Can Do With A Hilux: Toyota Hilux Galaxy Camper Is A Slow '90s Time Capsule ⠀ Toyota Hilux 4×4 Camper Coming To U.S…. Read full this story
- ‘Aladdin’ Rides To Princely $212M+ Global Bow; ‘Rocketman’ Blasts Off In UK – International Box Office
- Toyota in pole position as Warsaw kick-starts electric car road trip
- Chilling final moments before innocent 19-year-old law student was shot and killed 'by stray bullet from drive-by gunman who was aiming at carwash'
- 20-month old girl dies in 4WD collision in southern NSW
- The Latest: Japan urges against nonessential travel to US
- How will you live, work, eat post-coronavirus world
- First British coronavirus death as male passenger in his 80s from quarantined Diamond Cruise ship dies in Japan
- Japan reality show 'Terrace House' halts production after star's death
- In Sri Lanka, yet another chance at post-war recovery
- Government mobility chart reveals spike in online searches for walking and driving directions after Sadiq Khan 'misses his target of providing 75% of Tubes with only 50% of services running'
Old Toyota Hilux Becomes Mobile Post Office In Japan have 336 words, post on www.motor1.com at July 25, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.