Oh sure, we all say that we’re impartial and we love all our alts the same… but admit it, there is one race that you secretly favor and shower with love and affection. In this week’s edition of One Shots, our readers shared their favorite MMO races of all time.
For Rafael, it’s Blade and Soul’s smallest class: “My fave race is the Lyn. These humanoid woodland creatures are more cuddly than they are menacing. They are too cute and easily dismissed. BUT that is a mistake because they are great warriors no matter your combat preference. Here is my Lyn Rolie. He may need a new prescription for glasses, but should you cross him, he will put you on your ass.”
Lenscrafters: Proudly serving fantasy communities since the Dark Lord’s return!
Poor Vincent, he just can’t make up his mind on this subject.
“Yes, I’m a proud member of fantasia anonymous in Final Fantasy XIV,” he said, “and I’m proud to say I’ve gone two days without changing my race. Sigh.”
At least you’re looking tremendous while dumping your life savings into Square Enix’s pockets!
Hurbster, an adventurer of few words, put it succinctly with his favorite Elder Scrolls Online race: “Quite fond of Dunmer.”
And Dunmer is quite fond of you, too.
“After years of playing my evergreen Night Elf, I had to take a WoW-cation. I tried the FFXIV free trial – and fell in love with mah spunky Miqo’te Kitty Girl! Here she is with her response to someone asking her opinion about the current patch in WoW.”
We need to make “WoWcation” a popular phrase. Go forth, my internet minions, and make it happen!
Leave your jacket behind / Lean out and touch the treetops over town / I can’t wait / To kiss the ground / Wherever we touch back down
Hikari is having fun in Black Desert: “I don’t really have a favorite race in MMOs, mostly because I only play a few high fantasy games and play humans more than not. I am having more fun than expected with the Shai though. They are adorkable. And they get instruments soon.”
Here’s my offerings this week, a picture from Guild Wars 2’s Halloween celebration. The screenshot challenge for the daring among you is to submit a picture of “dark beauty,” whatever you interpret that to be!
- NBA Championship Odds 2018-2019: Warriors Obvious Favorites, But Who Else Has A Chance?
- Northern Trust: Bryson DeChambeau grinds out 4-shot statement win at Rigdewood
- Lady Gaga hangs out with 'favorite player' Manu Ginobili and 'gentleman' Tony Parker at Spurs game
- Marc Maron on Season 2 of 'GLOW,' the Punishment of Louis C.K., and Why He's So Good at Playing a 'Shameless, Unapologetic Bully'
- Musician Ed Sheeran will play himself in upcoming film
- Locals only: Our favorite quirky San Francisco neighborhood bars
- Bill Belichick shares one of his favorite Tom Brady stories
- Could basketball replace baseball as America’s favorite pastime?
- For a cocktail with a surprise in every sip, start playing with your ice
- Denver Sports Omelette: Your Pac-12 South favorites are… Colorado and Arizona State???