There are some MMO stories that are just unbelievable. They are so warped convoluted and confusing that we think there’s no possible way it can be true. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. Curt Shilling, the baseball player whose game studio implosion was so notoriously cataclysmic you could see it from space, is in the news again, although not for video games this time – this time, it’s for politics. I’ve had the 38 Studios debacle in my backlog of stories to cover here in Lawful Neutral, and I thought that now was a good time to take a jaunt down memory lane, with a story that started in 2006 and (hopefully) ended earlier in 2019. Let’s recap I’m not going to rehash the full history here; you should check out our recent article with approximately a metric crap ton of references about this whole saga and our Game Archaeologist on Project Copernicus from earlier this year. But here’s the basic run-down: Curt Shilling, a decorated former professional baseball player and MMO fan, decided to start an MMO studio and recruited some big names to help out. The Rhode Island government then offered him an unsecured $75 million dollar loan as… Read full this story
- BuzzFeed News is now asking readers for donations as part of its ‘long-term project of building a sustainable news business’
- BFI to present two month retrospective project celebrating Ealing Studios
- Problem with creating a c++ project in visual studio 2017
- Net neutrality officially ended this week – now what?
- Net neutrality could be making a comeback thanks to newly introduced bill
- With net neutrality gone, carriers throttle YouTube, Netflix, other streamers
- House Republicans aim to expand tax law amid midterm election push
- Justice 'only for the wealthy': Law Society condemns legal aid cuts
- Argentina Supreme court upholds glacier protection law
- iPhone Found Unscratched After 1,000-Foot Fall From Airplane
Lawful Neutral: The long fall of Project Copernicus’ 38 Studios have 318 words, post on massivelyop.com at August 16, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.