Neverwinter‘s Uprising update will add not only a new race to Perfect World and Cryptic Studios’ free-to-play MMO, but also a highly challenging piece of new content. The Tower of the Mad Mage will pit players against the ruler of Undermountain, Halaster Blackcloak, and offer new best-in-slot gear to parties skilled enough to defeat him.
The dev blog introducing the Tower calls it “some of the most challenging content” ever created for Neverwinter, requiring 10 adventurers with an item level requirement of 24,000. As such, it won’t be immediately added to random queues until “sufficient time has passed that the average item level of adventurers has risen to the point where the fight no longer provides such a staunch challenge.”
Parties that can take down Blackcloak will have a shot at obtaining weapons from the Lionheart set, which have a maximum item level of 1010 at legendary quality. These are intended to be best-in-slot for some time, so if you can’t rise to the challenge immediately, you should have plenty of time to get your gear … well, in gear.
- SoMa Clock Tower penthouse returns with a lower price
- New Super Nintendo World Details Revealed
- Super Nintendo World Leaked Map Reveals Pokemon Training Camp, Zelda Kingdom, Multiple New Rides
- The 15 Weirdest Super Sentai Giant Robots
- Fortnite Season 8, week 6 challenge guide: Visit the island’s 5 highest elevations
- Ars kicks off March with Hacker Movie Madness
- Fortnite season 9, week 8 challenge guide: Where to visit 3 different clocks
- Kate Middleton and Prince William meet Grenfell Tower survivors and terror attack victims
- Twelve dead following inferno at London apartment tower
- Super Mario Maker review