The other day we posted about how Ship of Heroes is going to include a randomizer in its character creator, which pleased me. I mean, it’s a pretty standard feature to have in MMOs, but it’s still nice to have.
In fact, as of late I’ve been making great use of randomizers to aid in the creation process. I don’t use them entirely to make my characters, but I find that by hitting that “randomize” button, the computer often feeds me interesting and pleasing combinations that I wouldn’t have elected to use otherwise. Plus, it can be pretty amusing to see some of the more awful combos.
Do you use randomizers when you whip up your MMO toons, or are you too stuck on certain looks to trust your character to a dice roll?
Every morning, the Massively Overpowered writers team up with mascot Mo to ask MMORPG players pointed questions about the massively multiplayer online roleplaying genre. Grab a mug of your preferred beverage and take a stab at answering the question posed in today’s
- Energetic Tropp helps make Jackets fourth line a fearsome foe
- Nate Quarry comes out of retirement to help make special needs teen’s dream come true
- Legion of Zoom: Rays’ outfield seeks to use speed to make a difference
- EA creative team training in BJJ to help make UFC game more realistic
- Blake Griffin: Medical marijuana use in NBA ‘makes sense’
- Peyton Manning helped make Adam Gase — and these other coaches, too
- USA learning from useful repetitions despite making stylistic adjustments
- Personal ‘Yoda’ has helped make James Krause into a UFC success
- Wofford helps make Korean War vet’s long-deferred hoops dream come true
- Broncos help Make-A-Wish kid’s dream come true in Denver