This week I spent a bit of time perusing the Star Wars Galaxies Legends Discord, where candidates for the player Senate were making stump speeches and pitches for why we ought to saunter over to the voting box and vote them into office. It seems to me that while some other MMOs with such councils have reputations for lacking teeth, a rogue server with a small community can benefit from having highly involved player reps who can communicate to the volunteer dev team what people actually want out of the game, without the issue of “funding” getting in the way. I tend to look for candidates who cherish the Star Wars vibe, uphold the melting pot approach to the playerbase, and in particular reinforce the player-run economy, since that’s where I spend nearly all of my game time. It did occur to me along the way that in thumbing through their platforms, I’ve already spent more time considering the election in an emu for a dead video game than most people spent on actual elections that affect their real lives. That’s… depressing. But also made me wonder whether other folks bother with these kinds of things, whether they’re for guild… Read full this story
- State will vote today to elect 222 MLAs
- MMO Players Feel Conflicted About Online Sugar Daddies
- Northampton workers take break from daily grind to give hope
- Iraqis Vote in First Election Since Defeating IS
- Iraqis queue to cast vote in first election since downfall of IS
- Why do we use pencils to vote in local elections, are pens allowed and how do I cast my vote?
- Test for PM May as England votes in local elections
- Before Brexit I felt part of this country – after casting my final vote in local elections, it feels even less like home
- Iraq votes in first elections since ISIL defeat
- Lawsuit attempts to block November vote on Clean Elections ballot measure
The Daily Grind: Do you vote in MMO player elections? have 328 words, post on massivelyop.com at August 20, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.