Trion revealed ArcheAge Unchained today, a brand new server for ArcheAge with a buy to play business model. According to Trion, the biggest difference between the buy to play and free to play version will be in monetization:
In ArcheAge: Unchained there is no longer a subscription model. With a onetime purchase, you can enjoy the content as often as you want. You will be able to purchase vanity items via Credits and we will implement seasonal ArchePasses. We are focusing on fairer gameplay which is why we decided to change a few monetization features for ArcheAge: Unchained. There’ll be more information in the next couple of weeks so stay tuned!
The buy to play and free to play version of ArcheAge will co-exist concurrently, but players will not be able to transfer characters between the two. Players will need to create a new character to play on the new Unchained buy to play server.
The biggest drive to create ArcheAge Unchained comes from player feedback, as players have long complained that the free to play server’s subscription option provided paying players an unfair advantage. On the new ArcheAge Unchained server, everyone will have the same amount of labor regeneration and a cap of 5,000 labor points. Housing is also open to anyone.
Further reading: Official website
- Revealed: The suburbs buying the most sex toys - and the most popular adult device of all
- Natalie Portman enjoys a rare night out with husband Benjamin Millepied at the movies after revealing she refuses to play a parent on screen
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals he has been playing while injured for Juventus and Portugal
- Former Marine Adam Driver Reveals Why He Believes Plays Can Help Veterans, Service Members and Their Families
- India vs Bangladesh Day-Night Test: Virat Kohli reveals the challenges of playing Pink Ball Test
- Add a tailored blazer at 30, get rid of cheap jewellery in your 40s and wear silk shirts once you hit 50: Celebrity stylist reveals what to keep and ditch in your wardrobe at each decade
- Stylist reveals how to cheat your way to professional-looking winged eyeliner in SECONDS - using £1 eye shadow pads from Amazon
- Buy Committee: Should I Buy Nintendo's Ring Fit Adventure?
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals he’s playing with an injury
- Django Unchained Director's Cut Is Done, Will Arrive After Once Upon a Time in Hollywood