First leaked and teased a couple of weeks ago, Capcom today finally revealed the full details for its new game, Project Resistance. Set to launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC (Steam), Project Resistance is a new 1 vs 4 asymmetric online survival horror experience set in the world of Resident Evil, though this is not tied to the main games. Players will either unleash their inner evil as a cunning Mastermind, or join the fight as one of the resourceful Survivors trying to escape all obstacles the Mastermind throws at them!
Similar to previous 1 vs X survival games, each round will have a fixed allocated time. The win goes to Survivors if they escape before the time runs out, while Mastermind wins if he or she prevents all survivors from escaping within the time limit. The storyline is pretty simple; Mastermind (under Umbrella Corp) kidnaps a bunch of teens for experimenting purposes, collecting data and… Well that is pretty much it. The Mastermind will never face the Survivors in battle though, something I thought it would be cool as the final obstacle.
As for the Survivors, currently they are just a group of random unlucky teens, though each of them has unique skills which are key for survival. Of course, players would need to work together as well to solve puzzles, overcome traps, and take down enemies. It is said that “cooperation and coordination are the keys to success.” There are different objectives for Survivals to progress, and they will escape once completing the third area in each level.
There are just 4 Survivors now (more to be added in future), and they play different roles such as healer, ranged DPS, melee brawler, hacker, and more, very similar to standard RPG settings! Before each Survivor dies, there is a short time period where he or she can be revived by teammates. If not, the Survivor will still respawn into the game, though with a huge decrease in allocated time. All this time, the Mastermind just watched comfortably in a secluded room, using cards to summon various Resident Evil monstrosities… Seems fun!
Capcom did not announce a launch schedule for Project Resistance, but a Closed Beta is on the horizon for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One from October 4 to October 7. To be considered for the Closed Beta, interested console gamers have to be part of the Resident Evil Ambassador program on PlayStation 4 or part of the Xbox Insider Program. If there are too many applicants, lucky random accounts will then be selected. Stay tuned for more details!
- Celtics power rankings: Thirty games down, who’s on the upswing?
- We Need More Kid-Friendly Video Games Like Knack
- Utah Utes at Colorado live blog: Real-time updates from the Buffs football game
- To Binge or Not to Binge Episode 38: “Game of Thrones”
- Mexico City: NFL moves Chiefs-rams game to L.A. due to turf issue
- Map: Iowa Hawkeyes bowl games — where have they played the most?
- Ohio State will play its first Friday night Big Ten game in 2019
- President Trump signs farm bill after 'Green Acres' announcement on Twitter
- GAME DAY: Golden Knights open 2-game homestand against Ducks
- Bears vs. Rams: Live updates and game highlights for Week 14