I was thinking last week was a bit thin on MMO news, but I’m so glad I do this weekly recap because it’s proved my impression so wrong! This week, Bless Online officially sunsetted its last remaining server, Star Trek Online launched its Awakening expansion, Caravan Stories rolled out for PS4, PlanetSide Arena let folks in for a peek, and there was a smidge of turmoil in the City of Heroes rogue server community. Plus, we debated Elder Scrolls Online’s trade guild mess and mused on EVE Online’s population problem. Oh yeah, and a UK parliament committee berated video game companies for their gross monetization and lockboxes specifically – let’s hope they throw more than shade going forward. Read on to catch up with the very best of this week’s MMO news and opinions today as every Sunday in Massively Overpowered’s Week in Review! THIS WEEK’S TOP STORIES EVE Evolved: EVE Online is losing players, and no one can agree on why – Nobody wants to think that a favourite MMO is losing popularity, but with EVE Online now being over 15 years old, it’s a possibility that is never far from players’… UK parliament committee calls for ban on… Read full this story
- Opinion: It's not fake reviewers you need to worry about online, it's the blind and the ignorant
- John Boland on TV: Feeble comedy and true horror mark the viewing week
- Captain Marvel review: 'We wanted less faux mythology, more hand-to-hand fighting and coy pop cultural references'
- ‘Comfortable but sexy’ £18 bra has thousands of five-star reviews online – and even Lady Gaga’s a fan
- Dark secrets of a charismatic cleric: Rollercoaster career of Bishop Eamonn Casey
- Roy Curtis: A Champion Hurdle for the ages, rivalries and bringing the gift of light to one man's darkness
- Humans could get X-Men ‘SUPER VISION’ to see in the DARK after nanoparticles let mice see infrared
- The Week In Russia: Do Kremlin Bosses Dream In Kazakh?
- Theatre Royal Brighton's new season goes on sale
- The breakout stars of Game of Thrones
MMO Week in Review: Bless goes dark, Star Trek Online awakens have 339 words, post on massivelyop.com at September 14, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.