Police failed eight times to make Ivan Milat finally confess to his crimes before he took his secrets to the grave aged 74 on Sunday. The serial killer, who died in Long Bay prison at 4.07am, was convicted of murdering seven backpackers between 1989 and 1992 but always proclaimed his innocence. After he was diagnosed with throat and stomach cancer in May, police repeatedly visited his death bed in search of closure for the victims’ families. But Milat, who is suspected in several unsolved murders, refused to admit anything. Police failed eight times to get Ivan Milat (pictured with ex-girlfriend Maureen Murray) to finally confess to his crimes before he took his secrets to the grave aged 74 on Sunday Pictured is a room in the hospital section of Long Bay prison where Milat died on Sunday Milat served seven life sentences for the murders of seven backpackers, including British tourists Caroline Clarke (left) and Joanne Walters (right) ‘Different approaches were made and different people used to try and get him to make admissions,’ a senior police source told the Daily Telegraph. ‘He talked about some things, but not any confessions.’ The revelation came as Milat’s brother Bill complained family was notified… Read full this story
- He says he got away with 90 murders. Now he’s confessing to them all.
- Driving the Last Brand-New Mitsubishi Evo to its Grave
- Eden Hazard's stoppage-time equaliser denies Wolves as Chelsea fail to impress fans
- FMIA: Ego-less Patriots Figure It Out In Time To Beat Rams in ‘throwback’ Super Bowl
- FMIA: Ego-less Patriots Figure It Out In Time Vs. Rams in ‘throwback’ Super Bowl
- Biogenesis Doctor Runs New "Anti-Aging" Clinic and an NFL Superstar Showed Up on Their Instagram
- Patriots Super Bowl history: New England has been involved in some all-time Super Bowl classics
- 2019 Super Bowl: History says Patriots could add another all-time classic in Atlanta vs. Rams
- Super Bowl 2019: History says Rams vs. Patriots in Atlanta could be another all-time classic
- 2019 Super Bowl: The Patriots are in the Super Bowl, so buckle up and expect another all-time classic
'Getting the truth was impossible': Police failed to make serial killer Ivan Milat confess EIGHT times before he took his secrets to the grave aged 74 have 336 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 27, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.