An image of a young boy eating his dinner sitting on a cardboard box on the cold concrete streets of the Irish capital has sparked an outpouring of both empathy and anger. The boy nicknamed Sam was spotted on the side of a main road in Dublin, by The Homeless Street Cafe on October 15 – when overnight lows dipped to 4C. The group of volunteers, who patrol Grafton Street in the inner city every Tuesday offering food, toiletries, warm clothing and a kind word to the homeless, came across the child eating his dinner and were compelled to share the poignant image. The Homeless Street Cafe shared this image on its Facebook page that shows the young boy eating his dinner off a cardboard box on a main street in the Irish capital Thousands have responded with sadness and anger at the poignant image of the young boy seen eating outside, on the streets, on a cold autumn night In a post, which has since been shared thousands of times, volunteers for the organisation wrote of their evident distress seeing a homeless child. ‘We are home after another incredibly busy night. I’m exhausted, weary and emotional and should (guiltily)… Read full this story
- Manhunt is launched for 'chubby' Asian man who grabbed a four-year-old boy at a gym and approached him again in swimming pool toilets
- One-year-old boy is rushed to hospital with savage face wounds after being mauled by his family's Kelpie dog
- Mother living at a New Jersey 'house of horrors' admits pouring boiling water over a three-year-old boy 'as punishment for urinating on the floor' at squalid home
- More could have been done to save 13-year-old boy who died from blood clot caused by his obesity, report finds after father says: 'Fizzy drinks were his downfall'
- 'I don't understand why you did it... I hate you': Eleven-year-old boy's gut-wrenching message to the man who bludgeoned his father to death in a road rage attack
- Eight-year-old boy is found with a loaded handgun in his backpack after classmate tips off elementary school security guard
- Florida woman, 40, is arrested after 'giving birth to twins conceived by 17-year-old boy she was sexually assaulting for years'
- Incredible moment cops REVIVE a one-year-old boy who was choking on goldfish cracker as his frantic crying mother helplessly watched
- Langley police investigating hit-and-run that left 12-year-old boy with devastating injuries
- Shaquille O'Neal buys a home for a 12-year-old boy paralyzed in a shooting
Homeless charity shares shocking image of five-year-old boy in emergency accommodation eating his dinner off cardboard on the pavement in Dublin have 412 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.