Here are the stories you shouldn’t miss today:TOP STORIESTwo Impeachment Articles, One Trade DealWhat a difference one hour makes. In that span on Tuesday, House Democrats moved to impeach President Trump, then hand him his biggest legislative win of the year by agreeing to a long-stalled trade deal. Advertisement Tonight, the House Judiciary Committee will begin a session to approve at least two articles of impeachment — abuse of power and obstruction of Congress — and possibly add more. The session could last until Friday, and assuming the articles are approved, the full House would then vote on whether to impeach the president before leaving for the holiday next week.After asserting in the nine-page impeachment document that Trump “ignored and injured the interests of the nation,” House Democrats then announced they and the White House had reached a deal that clears the way for passage of a revised North American free-trade pact. The House is expected to vote on the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement next week, with the Senate taking it up after the impeachment trial, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said.More Politics— Atty. Gen. William Barr, continuing his attack on an inspector general’s report released this week, leveled blistering criticism at… Read full this story
- Fearing Life Behind Bars, Trump Begs China to Help Him Juice the Stock Market
- Trump Can’t Stop Whiffing His Biggest Campaign Promises
- China, Huawei, Michael Jackson: Your Tuesday Briefing
- The Fox News Reporter Behind the Stormy Daniels Story Speaks
- “We Got a Lost Puppy”: The Inside Story of Bowe Bergdahl’s First Day on the Lam
- Trump’s Top Economic Guru: We’re Fucked
- Dignity for All
- Why Is the Left Already Trying to Annihilate O’Rourke?
- Data Kingpin Mark Zuckerberg Faces Criminal Probe in New York
- Letters: District 55 recount shows need to clarify voting laws
Newsletter: Two impeachment articles, one trade deal have 297 words, post on www.latimes.com at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.