2019 was a very strange year for games, and that sense of adventure is clear in our list of the top 50 games of the past 12 months. While next year will have new consoles and likely many new entries in huge, tentpole franchises, this was a year with many experiments and unexpected surprises. Outer Wilds mixes the expected influence of the past few years into something completely new, while The Outer Worlds brought familiar design into a brand-new galaxy that served as a pointed critique of capitalism. There was a Star Wars game that could be mistaken for a Tomb Raider game. There was Kind Words, which was always there for you if the news became a little overwhelming. And who could forget whatever the hell Untitled Goose Game is? This was a year in which it was possible, if not exactly easy, for strange, exciting new ideas to make an outsized dent in the zeitgeist. Don’t worry too much about the ranking. It’s a fun and light exercise. Ultimately, we recommend all of these games. That’s why we’ve included a bit on what makes each one special: So you can find the best games of 2019 for you…. Read full this story
- What happened to the cast of Dawson’s Creek – from A-list marriages to arrest for drunken brawl
- Amazon Prime Day tech deals - top early discounts ahead of the 2021 event
- Brookfield Renewable Partners L.P. (BEP) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- NFC South 2021: Falcons' Calvin Ridley and other players on a rookie contract who are key to team's success
- NFL 2021: Bills pass rusher Ed Oliver, Falcons' receiver headline players primed to break out in third year
The 50 best games of 2019 have 275 words, post on www.polygon.com at December 13, 2019. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.