Democrats will spend the third day of the Senate impeachment trial Thursday exhibiting reasons they feel Donald Trump abuse the power of his office. Thursday is the second day allocated for the Democratic impeachment managers to make opening arguments for the removal of the president on two offenses levied against him in the House proceedings – abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The seven managers, led by House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff, argued Wednesday that the president obstructed the House’s ability to conduct a complete investigation and also continued their push to include new witness testimony in the Senate trial. Republicans, however, say the first full day of Democratic opening arguments revealed no new information. Jay Sekulow, Trump’s personal attorney and one of the defense lawyers assigned to engage in opening arguments, said the defense team continuously repeated themselves. ‘We’re hearing the same things each time,’ Sekulow lamented. Democrats will spend the third day of the Senate impeachment trial Wednesday arguing Donald Trump abused the power of his office. Pictured Wednesday: two Democratic prosecution managers, Adam Schiff (left) and Zoe Lofgren (right), arguing the case the remove Trump Trump’s defense, and Senate Republicans, say they heard no new evidence… Read full this story
- Donald Trump met with boos and cheers at UFC fights in New York
- Explained: What’s going on with Donald Trump’s phone call, impeachment, the Bidens and Ukraine?
- Donald Trump's impeachment inquiry given roadmap following successful Congress vote
- Donald Trump's impeachment will end one of these ways
- John Legend Rails at ‘Despicable Human Being’ Trump After He Likens Impeachment Probe to ‘Lynching'
- US House resolution shows how Democrats will navigate Donald Trump's impeachment inquiry
- Here's what's in the whistleblower complaint Donald Trump called a 'hoax'
- Five things we learned from Robert Mueller's testimony on Donald Trump's links to Russia
- Donald Trump's presidency has been dogged by Robert Mueller. These were the key players in the Russia probe
- In-Depth | Donald Trump's impeachment inquiry and a precariously stacked house of cards
Democrats will spend all day explaining why Donald Trump is GUILTY of abusing his power at his impeachment trial - but Republicans start complaining that they have heard NOTHING new and president trolls trial on Twitter have 329 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 23, 2020. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.